Top 7 Factors that Make Textile Sector a Lucrative Career Option
- India accounts to 50% of the world’s raw jute and jute products across the world
- With 45 million individuals employed directly in the Indian textile industry, this sector is one of the largest sources of employment in the country
The above stats uphold the vast scope of the textile industry in India. Changing lifestyle of the consumers, rising domestic consumption and escalating exports have all contributed to a major spurt in textile skill development. As textile industry is an ancient culture with a strong agricultural link for its dependency on raw materials, this sector is sure to get bigger with every passing day. Being one of the oldest industries, it hugely contributes towards improving the employability and entrepreneurship in the rural regions.
Here are a few factors that make textile sector a lucrative career option:
- The textile export arena has leapfrogged like never before with the rise in market-access arrangements with multiple nations
- With increased interference from retail organizations, rising income levels and favorable demographics, textile industry is poised to grow exponentially in the years to come
- Incentives and favorable Government policies have lately increased the scope of the candidates trained in textile sector skills
- Quick and easy availability of the raw materials have helped this sector boom at a faster rate
- Focused and favorable Government policies further boost the scope of this industry
- As the entire value chain for textile production, including the production of yarn, natural fibers, apparel and fabric, lies within our country, we have an edge over other nations who are involved in textiles
- Presence of the traditional sector skills such as handicraft and handloom has led to an increased demand for the candidates trained in textile sector skills
The scope is tremendous for those who are trained in this industry due to its substantial growth. Organizations in the textile business are actively looking for trained and skilled candidates who can add value. Today, there are numerous reputed institutions offering top quality textile skills training that help candidates to land on a steady job.
Sona Yukti is one such institution that provides a variety of sector skills training. Our textile skill courses will prepare candidates to successfully work in textile sector. We also provide placement assistance through our placement cells, which have tie-ups with top corporates. This ensures a brighter future for the rural population in India.
Take a moment to explore all the different types of textile sector skill training programs that we offer at Sona Yukti.